New Mama Musings

Sunday, November 06, 2005

MILF

I'll admit it: I wanna be a MILF. (And I'm not talking about the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.) I love my husband, and I don't want anyone else but him, but that doesn't mean I don't want other men to want me.

My own mother was 35 when she had me, a year older than I am now. And (sorry, Mom) she was not a MILF. No mothers were when I was growing up. I very distinctly remember thinking that when you grow up and have kids you become overweight and matronly. The few moms who didn't were blessed with super-charged metabolism, and obviously that didn't run in my family.

This is honestly what I believed.

Of course, I no longer accepted this as fact by the time I was pregnant with Henry, but I did think it would take me a year or more to lose the pregnancy weight. So don't throw virtual rocks at me when I confess that I'm currently seven pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight.

I still have a way to go before being a candidate for MILF-dom, though. Who has time for make-up with a new baby in the house? What's the point of pulling together a great outfit when you get spit up on several times a day? And any attention I might pay to my hair is wasted when I have to lay down with Henry to get him to nap during the day.

Still, a woman can dream.

So, if you're a single man and you see a harried mother with a new baby in the grocery store, be charitable and give her a little smile. She could be hot...if she could only find the time.

2 Comments:

  • Woot! on the weight thing. Go breastfeeding!

    As for the other thing -- word. I too aspire to MILFdom. There is hope -- I've heard tell that there's nothing more sexy than a devoted mommy, lack of personal grooming notwithstanding. In fact, now that my two kidlets are capable of entertaining themselves for more than 5 minutes at a time, the hygiene thing is on the upswing, too. I figure by the time I'm about thirty five I'll be good to go.

    By Anonymous Donna, at 11:11 PM  

  • Yes as a mom of 4 sweet little angels I too aspire to be a MILF! I miss those cat calls and looks I use to get. I don't want to get old and frumpy damn it!! By the way, you can bite me. I am still trying to get rid of the last pesky 10lbs or at least move it from my ass to my chest.

    PS Henry is really cute! Jen

    By Anonymous Jen, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home