New Mama Musings

Friday, January 28, 2005

Questions

People who know I'm pregnant continue to ask me one of two questions: How are you feeling? and Are you excited?

I'm feeling pretty not-pregnant, thank-you-very-much. I was lucky enough to avoid morning sickness and only had minor fatigue in the first trimester. True, my stomach is getting bigger. But frankly, a month or two of no exercise and eating too much and my stomach gets big anyway. (Only this time I'm not trying to hide my stomach. It's supposed to get big.) My hair is thicker, my boobs are bigger, and I've been itching like crazy at night, but really, nada. I guess I'll believe it when I feel it.

Am I excited? See above. It still doesn't seem very real to me. And when I really stop and think about it, I have mixed emotions. I think, "What have I done? My body will never be the same, our lives will never be the same, there's no turning back, ahhhhhhhhhhhh..." But I also know that the love I've felt for other kids in my life will be multiplied a thousand-fold for my own.

I think the only person who has asked me a truly insightful question about my pregnancy is my eighteen-year-old niece, who said, "Are you scared?" Yep. But I used to change her diapers, and she turned out pretty great.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Kay.
    Just stopping by to say hello. I've bookmarked your site and will check in every so often. Hope you're loving it.

    Jen (Of Matthew and Ella fame)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home