New Mama Musings

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Better Off Safe Than Sorry

Henry recently mastered getting off the bed safely; i.e., turning around and crawling off backwards rather than going head first. When I first started teaching Henry this maneuver a few months ago I would recite this little poem while guiding him: "Lead with your feet and not your head; that is the way to get out of bed."

My husband's version? "Feet first; no one gets hurt."

P.S. The title of this blog entry was my husband's guess at what the acronym B.O.S.S. on the university transport vehicles around our old house stood for. Umm, yeah. That would be Be On the Safe Side.

1 Comments:

  • I once stood by with idle curiosity as M decided to crawl (forward) down the one step into the library. Imagine my horrible guilt when she did a hard faceplant moments later (onto carpet, on top of cement) and started screaming her head off.

    Two good things came out of it, though ... she has never made that mistake again, and always puts her hands down stretched out in front of her a little when she traverses a downward step. And I also do a better job as spotter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home