New Mama Musings

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Henry 5.0


Here are the latest updates on Henry, five months old:

  • I can't decide if Henry loves or hates bathtime. After our first attempt at bathing him in a standard baby bathtub (which went badly, if you'll recall) we moved on to using a baby tub with a hammock stretched over it, placed over the bathroom sink. He seemed surprisingly okay with that but quickly grew out of it. Since then we've been bathing him in the regular bathtub, with me getting in with him. As soon as I put him in the water in a sitting position his legs start kicking. And kicking. And kicking. It's like he can't stop. The funny thing is that he has no expression on his face. Meanwhile he's splashing himself, me and anything in the immediate vicinity.
  • The other day my husband was holding Henry on his lap and when I reached out my arms to pick Henry up, he held his arms out, too. My husband said, "You're lucky," and don't I know it.
  • Lately I've been getting woken up in the morning by the little person next to me making soft popping noises with his mouth. I'll look over and his big brown eyes will be staring off into space. (I much prefer this method of waking me up to tiny fingers being stuck up my nose.)
  • I'm thinking Henry will be crawling sooner rather than later. He is already starting the army crawl. Sigh. Where did my little infant go?
  • The coolest thing to report: Henry has already developed his own sense of humor. Sure, he's been laughing at things we do for a while now. But the other day I was talking to my husband on the phone, and because Henry was fussing a little on the floor where he was laying I tossed the top to my travel coffee mug in front of him, thinking it would distract him. And it did: he bust out laughing. How wonderful is it that he found something funny all on his own?

2 Comments:

  • Hi Kris -- you are so nice! Thank you.

    I took the photo through the mesh bedrail on our bed, and then my sister used something in Photoshop called "smart blur". This is how she explained it to me: "I think it's used for portraits if people have wrinkles, etc. But if you do smart blur, and then sharpen, and alternate between the 2 filters several times you can get that effect."

    By Blogger True Mama, at 9:28 AM  

  • Oh, you do! I just started using it a few months or so ago, and now I don't worry if Henry has a scratch on his face when I take his picture. I've taken outlets out of photos, scratches, blemishes, etc. I feel a little bad messing with reality this way, but it makes for better pictures...

    By Blogger True Mama, at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home