New Mama Musings

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's a Small World, After All

I have to share this with you, my internet public, because I don't think my husband fully appreciates this statement:

I am currently a SIZE FOUR.

I don't think I've ever been a size four: I went from wearing kids' clothes to wearing a size eight.

Was I fat before? I thought I was about average. But now I can't imagine being four sizes larger than I am now.

I'm smaller than I was when I used to run three or four times a week, and I don't exercise or watch what I eat (except for avoiding dairy -- which I never had much of anyway -- and soy).

I guess I have breastfeeding to thank.

Don't hate me because I'm skinny. I'm sure once Henry weans this will all be only a dream. A lovely, size four dream.

2 Comments:

  • Wow! Way to go! Good for you! (Alfie Kohn is retching at this moment)

    Seriously, though, I found that breastfeeding was a FANTASTIC weight loss program after babies 1 and 2. After three, uh, not so much... :(

    Enjoy it! And nurse for years to keep it off (and to keep Henry happy!)

    lol...

    By Blogger bfmomma, at 12:55 PM  

  • Are you sure I'm not allowed to hate you? All the breastfeeding I'm doing brought me down to a size 12 (barely).

    I have a friend who gained back ALL of her pregnancy weight after her daughter weaned. Ack. I think I'm going to join a gym. If I could ever find the time ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home