New Mama Musings

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Heard in the Night

Henry has long talked in his sleep, but now that he's three years old the things he says have become more clear and even more entertaining. A few nights ago he said, "I'll huff...and I'll puff...."

On a related note, Henry sometimes asks to nurse in the night, even though we night-weaned months ago and he knows I won't nurse him until morning. Lately, if it's after 5am I give in.

I think that's pretty generous, so you can imagine that the other day when he wanted to nurse at 4:30am I was not about to go for it.

He asked, in many different ways, with many different inflections: "MOMMY, I want to nahs! I want to NAHS, Mommy. Please nahs!" I've learned to firmly say no after the first request and then ignore him, so I was completely silent while he begged in a million different ways.

He stopped; it was quiet for about fifteen seconds, and then he said, "What? [pause] What did you say?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home