New Mama Musings

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Humor of the Sleep-Deprived

I think my husband is funnier the less sleep he gets. Or maybe it's that he seems funnier the less sleep I get. In any case, these are a few of the things he's said lately that have kept me entertained.

The other day he was holding Henry and talking to him, making up whatever popped into his head as we both do, and I overheard him say, "Henry, you're such a big boy, when you go to the moon you won't need to bring your gravity boots!" When I came out of the next room I said, "Really? Gravity boots?"

And then the other night, during one of Henry's 3am fussy periods, my husband was sitting with him in his room. I came in to check on them and my husband commented, "I think maybe it was a waste of time putting up all those alphabet cards. I mean, he doesn't even know one of them yet."

All I know is, with the scant amount of sleep we've been getting, we have to laugh or we'll cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home