New Mama Musings

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Death Cab for Cutie for My Cutie Patootie

Usually when I try to get Henry down for a nap I put him in the mei tai, sway back and forth, and hope to outlast his fussing until he falls asleep. This week, inspired by my husband who often plays music on the computer for Henry while holding him on his lap, I added Death Cab for Cutie's Plans to the routine.

As soon as Henry heard the music, he fell silent, and a few minutes later he was fast asleep. This has worked for every nap so far this week.

If you aren't familiar with this album I highly recommend it, and not just because it puts my baby to sleep without any crying. I think I need to add a few more CD's to the rotation, though, because I really like Death Cab and I don't want to get sick of them. I'm thinking maybe some Sarah Harmer or Clem Snide would fit the bill nicely.

What do you think?

2 Comments:

  • Music for Airports by Brian Eno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 PM  

  • I'm actually not familiar with any of the music that you mentioned (or the one mentioned in comments before me...) but the one album that did it for all three of my kids (and that got me thru my pregnancies and deliveries!) was Sarah McLachlan's Fumbling Toward Ecstacy...

    Might not be your cup of tea at all, but it worked for us.

    How's your back?

    By Blogger bfmomma, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home