New Mama Musings

Saturday, November 18, 2006

What I Know For Sure...About Meal Planning


Things I've learned in my week of getting a meal on the table every night:

  • My husband's work has no respect for a reasonable dinner hour.
  • Chicken thighs should not be purchased as a substitute for chicken breasts, even if breasts are not available. In fact, they should not be purchased ever.
  • Now that we're sitting down to dinner together, my next project needs to be instituting a "no reading at the table" rule.
  • It's a good thing that my current goal is preparing dinner every night and not keeping the house tidy.
  • Tomorrow New Mama appreciates it when Today New Mama does all the prep work. Today New Mama curses Yesterday New Mama's laziness when she spends her free time surfing the net instead.
  • Baked Macaroni & Cheese made from scratch is not nearly as yummy as it sounds.
  • Getting take-out several times a week fills up the dishwasher a lot more slowly.

4 Comments:

  • LOL!

    I agree on the mac and cheese stuff.

    My DH actually PREFERS chicken thighs!

    and I actually run my dishwasher TWICE every day. blech!

    You're doing well. Really! :)

    By Blogger bfmomma, at 9:35 AM  

  • oh, i LOVE homemade mac n cheese. my kids and i won't eat any other kind!

    i try to run the dishwasher at night and unload it in the morning before making breakfast.

    By Blogger mamafitz, at 8:37 PM  

  • Hey you, I can't BELIEVE you're eating meat!!
    And on that note- hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 PM  

  • Mamafitz, care to share a recipe?

    By Blogger True Mama, at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home