New Mama Musings

Friday, December 08, 2006

Five Things You Probably Don't Need to Know About Me

I was tagged by Gearhead Mama to write Five Things You Don't Know About Me.

So here goes:
  1. When I was in fifth grade I went to a birthday party at my best friend Sara Mellish's house. Since it was close to Halloween, Sara's mother decided it would be a good idea to give a bunch of ten-year old girls sharp knives and let them carve their own pumpkins. I sliced my right pinky finger at its base, near my palm, and needed several stitches. Oddly enough the boy I had a typical fifth-grade flirtation with (read: he teased me and I pretended to hate him) also cut himself carving a pumpkin that weekend. Only he cut two fingers and needed more stitches than I did, as he liked to point out. I had a cast to immobilize my finger; his was bigger. Mine hurt; his was excruciating. I wonder what ever happened to Rob Villesenor?

  2. I keep my fingernails very, very short. If I can see white at the tip, they're too long, and I feel all ooky until I cut them.

  3. I was carjacked when I was twenty-one (on the day I moved out of my parent's house into my first apartment, no less) as I was going to a company Christmas party. My white Geo Metro was recovered a few days later.

  4. I hate chocolate and mint together in things like Thin Mints or Peppermint Patties, but I love mint chocolate chip ice cream.

  5. When I was a junior in high school Mike Shibilski became my new Rob Villesenor. We met in speech class when our seating assignments required us to interview one another on the first day. I knew Mike was cool when he chose the lyrics from "Dear God" by XTC to recite for an assignment. (I think mine was something by The Cure.) Although I never went to any formal dances in high school, I got close: Mike told me later that he came up to me in the hallway to ask me to prom, but when I made some smart-assed, insulting comment to him he chickened out. So I wonder what ever happened to Mike Shibilski?

2 Comments:

  • Hmmm, I'm not a big fan of chocolate and mint together either. I tolerate it in ice cream, but have other flavors that I prefer more. I also can't stand nuts in my candy, cake, brownies or ice cream. Nuts alone are fine. In dessert, it's just WRONG.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 PM  

  • Gearhead Mama - I TOTALLY agree with you on the nuts thing. Why spoil a desert with nuts? Argh!
    New Mama - I gotta disagree on the mint/chocolate thing. I devour Thin Mints, literally boxes at a time. But, I don't like Mint Choc Chip ice cream. Funny, eh?
    We can at least agree on just chocolate in general being food of the goddesses, right? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home