Five Things You Probably Don't Need to Know About Me
I was tagged by Gearhead Mama to write Five Things You Don't Know About Me.
So here goes:
So here goes:
- When I was in fifth grade I went to a birthday party at my best friend Sara Mellish's house. Since it was close to Halloween, Sara's mother decided it would be a good idea to give a bunch of ten-year old girls sharp knives and let them carve their own pumpkins. I sliced my right pinky finger at its base, near my palm, and needed several stitches. Oddly enough the boy I had a typical fifth-grade flirtation with (read: he teased me and I pretended to hate him) also cut himself carving a pumpkin that weekend. Only he cut two fingers and needed more stitches than I did, as he liked to point out. I had a cast to immobilize my finger; his was bigger. Mine hurt; his was excruciating. I wonder what ever happened to Rob Villesenor?
- I keep my fingernails very, very short. If I can see white at the tip, they're too long, and I feel all ooky until I cut them.
- I was carjacked when I was twenty-one (on the day I moved out of my parent's house into my first apartment, no less) as I was going to a company Christmas party. My white Geo Metro was recovered a few days later.
- I hate chocolate and mint together in things like Thin Mints or Peppermint Patties, but I love mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- When I was a junior in high school Mike Shibilski became my new Rob Villesenor. We met in speech class when our seating assignments required us to interview one another on the first day. I knew Mike was cool when he chose the lyrics from "Dear God" by XTC to recite for an assignment. (I think mine was something by The Cure.) Although I never went to any formal dances in high school, I got close: Mike told me later that he came up to me in the hallway to ask me to prom, but when I made some smart-assed, insulting comment to him he chickened out. So I wonder what ever happened to Mike Shibilski?