New Mama Musings

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pull My Finger















Henry has recently become aware of his, um, bodily functions, and often suddenly stops what he's doing, looks at me, and pats the front of his diaper. Most often I think he's peeing, but other times I can hear that he's farted.

When he passes gas he immediately puts his hands together and does the sign for "more." I'll say, "Are you going to fart again?" and he'll smile and then get a look of concentration on his face. Surprisingly, he is often successful.

Henry let one fly the other day, to the delight of his big sister. Madeleine was even more tickled when he signed more, I gave him the go-ahead, and he did it again. And again.

To be completely honest, I was tickled too. I grew up in a household where no one farted in front of one another (hell, no one said "fart"). We were chided to "go in the bathroom and do that!" So I figure if I can find amusement in it now, at the age of 35, it's only fair.

When I told my mother this story she commented that I'd need to get Henry to stop doing this before he goes to school. If we decide to homeschool, I just might use this as the reason.

2 Comments:

  • rotfl! that completely cracks me up.

    another line (if you get sick of "pull my finger"): did somebody step on a duck???

    I'm in the land of 8 YO boys--nothing funnier than fart noises and jokes

    By Blogger bfmomma, at 11:28 AM  

  • My MIL still has not forgiven my husband's uncle for teaching him the pull my finger trick (like, um, 30-ish years ago!).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home