New Mama Musings

Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Pox Upon the House of Henry


After a summer filled with one intentional, one incidental and one more intentional exposure, Henry has finally come down with chickenpox.


On Wednesday, the thirteenth day after the latest exposure, he developed three red spots under the front of his diaper. By the next morning they were blisters. The day after that more spots started appearing, mostly on his back. When we woke up this morning, they were on his face and scalp.


So far he seems pretty unaffected, other than an increased restlessness at night. I'm not sure when the intense itching sets in, though. Hopefully this will prove to be a mild case.


It felt strange to expose Henry to sick kids, hoping he'd get sick, too. But I want him to get full immunity and have this out of the way now, while he's little. I'm thinking this is one of those "some day you'll thank me" parenting moments.

1 Comments:

  • Kudos to you! I so want to go this route, but haven't had the courage yet. And now that Sophie is here, it would be nice to wait long enough for both of them to get it. But it isn't always easy to find, so I'm constantly worried that I'll miss out on my chance.

    I hope his case is mild and the healing is speedy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home