New Mama Musings

Monday, July 31, 2006

Haircut One

Henry got his first haircut on Sunday. We took him to a fancy-schmancy kids' salon because, well, they're experienced with squirmy, crying, freaked-out children and I figured we needed to do what we could to make this as stress-free as possible.

Henry's hairdresser, Michael, put him in the little red car and strapped him in, and at first he seemed like he might be cautiously okay with it.


But then things took a turn for the worse.



I anxiously suggested I hold Henry on my lap, but Michael noted that it would be a lot easier to cut Henry's hair if he were sitting in the chair. He also indicated that he'd seen kids much, much more upset.

More upset than this?


But indeed, Henry never got hysterical, and actually seemed to warm up to the whole process.



He took it very seriously, however.



Feeling much better now.



And the baby becomes a little boy.

3 Comments:

  • awww... brave little guy! My T. (only boy) never has warmed up to haircuts, but my girls love/loved Just Kidding (is that where you went?).

    By Blogger bfmomma, at 4:18 PM  

  • Wow. That was scary (the turning into a little boy bit, I mean). I don't think I'll get CJ's cut for a looooooong time, cause it means he'll stay a baby, right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 PM  

  • I didn't know if I should laugh or cry! He looked so bummed out, but he seemed pretty cool with it by the end. I am so putting off M's first hair cut. I don't want to do it! I love the wispy hair look!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home