New Mama Musings

Monday, January 15, 2007

A Little of This, A Little of That

Last night I was working on the computer when I realized I hadn't heard Henry in a while. I got up to investigate, poked my head into his room and saw this:



Good grief, could he be any cuter?


In other Henry news, he's begun repeating words like crazy. (I think our days of using profanity with wild abandon may be over.) He now says za (pizza), dwah (draw), shu-duh (CD), hwss (shh), bah-bah (bye-bye), peppuh (pepper), roh (roll), tah (star), pa (grandpa), mama, dada, salsa, baby and the first letters of many words (including dog, doll, done, dark, moon, ball, balloon). The animals he can more or less mimic are cow, cat, chicken, tiger, owl, sheep, and snake. And he repeats things we say just once, like sweatshirt, oh dear and damn (see reference to profanity above).

He also approximates the word "nurse," though I'm not sure anyone but me or my husband would know what he's saying. Whenever he does the sign for milk and he's recently nursed or eaten I'll say, "Nurse? NURSE? Get outta here." So now when he does the sign for milk it's accompanied by a high-pitched "HSS! HSS!"

Finally, one rather sickenly sweet game the two of us play is Where's My Hug? I say, "Where's my hug?" and put up my arms in the "I don't know" gesture. He repeats the motion and then runs at me yelling "ahhhhhhh!" and gives me a hug. It's pretty much the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

3 Comments:

  • Ohhh... reading! I love nothing more than finding them that way!

    I love the "where's my hug?" game. M. won't even kiss me anymore when I ask nicely. She will, however, (when *she* feels like it) come up to me and ask "Mom, can I tell you a secret?" and when I say "yes", she pulls down my head and says "I love you!"

    :)

    By Blogger bfmomma, at 2:41 PM  

  • Aren't hugs the greatest? Second to kisses of course.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 PM  

  • Christopher has the same truck book! For the past month, ALL that he's interested in is vehicles. He has so many cars, trucks, buses and he calls every one of them "bus". haha

    -wsgrl84

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home