New Mama Musings

Friday, September 07, 2007

And How Was Your Day?

I knew that when I became a mother any sense of modesty I had enjoyed up until then would disappear. I just had no idea how far the other way the pendulum would swing.

Today I went number two with a small human draped across my lap, pressing down on my legs to "help get the poopies out." This was followed by a discussion of how no, the poop does not come out of the vagina; it comes out of the anus.

Followed by a listing of every family member and how they all poop out of their anuses too.

3 Comments:

  • Ah yes, isn't it fun? M is obsessed with body parts, and asks to "see the vulva," "see the penis," "see the pee" and "see the cute poop". Don't ask me how "cute" and "poop" came to be associated. I had nothing to do with that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

  • OMG you are CRACKING ME UP!!!!!!! "the poop does not come out of the vagina; it comes out of the anus."

    :D Thank you so much for the serious laugh!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:01 PM  

  • Ah, yes, the loss of bathroom privacy. Who knew pooping was a spectator sport? Ahem.

    Anyway . . .

    Not very related, but, I thought of you when I found this website-- www.pecanbread.com-- it is supposed to cure gluten and casein intolerance. It's called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and it is kind of tricky--definitely very strict-- but I think we're going to try it. I've been doing a bunch of research and I think it looks very good. Check it out and let me know what you think! :)

    By Blogger Caitlin, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home