New Mama Musings

Friday, June 24, 2005

Inefficient by Design

I recently read a post on a mothering board I frequent in which one of the women said, "There came a point in every one of my pregnancies when a light bulb went off in my head and I thought, 'OMG! This baby has to come OUT!'"

I've been thinking about this since my last doctor's appointment, when my doctor told me she thought this little guy had really grown since the previous appointment.

This all seems like such an inefficient way of growing a human being.

I mean, what was Mother Nature/God/evolution thinking? "I have an idea, let's take something microscopic, put it inside a muscle the size of one's fist, and let it grow for forty weeks until it's approximately eight pounds and over 20 inches long.

"But then...the only way out is a hole in which a tampon normally fits snugly. Hmmm. Oh well."

*Gives up and takes a nap.*

I'm guessing that's pretty much how it went down.

1 Comments:

  • Funny blog here!

    I wish I've read this blog when I was sick as a dog during my pregnancies.

    By Blogger MJ Tam, at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home