New Mama Musings

Saturday, August 05, 2006

First Birthday Party


Today was Henry's first birthday party, otherwise known as the "New Mama and Mr. New Mama Made a Baby and Kept Him Alive One Year" blow-out.

There were lots of people and lots of really great presents (savings bonds, cash, a wooden puzzle, board books, a wooden train, stuffed animals, and a wooden turtle).

I made way too much food (wanna stop by for some pasta salad, fruit salad, or oatmeal raisin cake?) and bought way too much beer (though my husband would beg to differ, I'm sure) and spent hours putting up decorations that no one commented on. All in all, though, it was a success.

One of the highlights of the party was the DVD my husband and I put together of photos of Henry's first year, month by month, set to tear-jerking music by Clem Snide.

I'm sure subsequent parties will be much more low-key (ironic because this is probably the last party Henry won't have expectations about), but I was happy to have so many people who care about our son here, and for him to get so many nice but simple gifts.

2 Comments:

  • That turtle rocks! It sounds like Henry scored some great stuff. Can you mail oatmeal raisin cake?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 PM  

  • Hello, it's Wednesday -- do you really think there's any left?

    By Blogger True Mama, at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home