New Mama Musings

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Still My Baby

A few Henry anecdotes, along with photos from our outing to the pumpkin farm last weekend:


Henry has been even more needy at night than usual lately, and yesterday, while trying to get to sleep, he said, "I want to lay on top of you because I love you." I replied, "I love you, too," and he said, "I love you too." This went on for a bit, and then, as he was nuzzling into me, he said, "I love you, and you love me." And he fell asleep laying on my chest.


We have a book called Five Little Ducks about a mama duck whose ducklings go off to play, and every time she calls them home, one less duckling returns. Finally, one day she calls them back and none of them come. The book shows her searching for her babies in the fall and then in winter, and the next page says, "Sad mother duck went out one day, over the hills and far away. Mother duck said, 'Quack quack quack quack...'" and then, when you turn the page, all of the ducklings come back, all grown up with families of their own.

I noticed a year or so ago that when I read this book to Henry he would get very emotional -- lip quivering, eyes filling up with tears -- but it sort of got lost in our bookcase. He pulled it out again today and he's had the same reaction each time we've read it.


My poor, sweet little boy. He's so wild and demanding sometimes, but also still a baby in many ways.

1 Comments:

  • I love the part about him falling asleep on your chest :). Great pics as always!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home