New Mama Musings

Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Great Pretender


Henry is pretty much pretending one thing or another every minute of the day lately. Around here exhanges like this are very common:

Henry: I tried Ramen noodles once at my school.

Me: Did you like them?

Henry: Not so much. They were too salty.

Me: Yes, they are very salty.

Henry: And my teacher added more salt.

Henry does not go to school and has never seen, much less tried, Ramen noodles.


And another day, after we explained to him what cigarettes are:

Henry: Do you want to hear about my first day of school?

Me: Sure, tell me about it.

Henry: My teacher was smokin' semaphores.

Me: Do you mean cigarettes? That's not good.

Henry: Why?

Me: Cigarette smoke is not good for people to breathe, kids especially.

Henry: It's okay. She was smokin' semaphores in the bathroom.

5 Comments:

  • hahahaha uh-oh...
    oh gah. how funny!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

  • Too funny! Love the pictures :).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 PM  

  • A. constantly does this too. Mark and I often look at each other, bewildered, wondering where she comes up with this stuff.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 1:39 AM  

  • This is one of the most hilarious things I've read lately. What an imagination!!!
    And sweet, sweet pic of you two. xoxo

    By Blogger Leigh Steele, at 11:36 AM  

  • Love this! Ramona does this too. The thing is, Henry doesn't have a teacher, but Ramona attributes words and actions to people who do exist. So far I'm pretty sure that preverbal baby at the JCC didn't call Ramona a spy, but one of these days there might be some confusion.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home