New Mama Musings

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Love to Love You Baby

The other night my husband and I were watching the series finale of "Everybody Loves Raymond." (Yes, I like my pop culture. You wanna make something of it?)

When I rolled over onto my side to relieve the pressure on my back, the baby started moving around like crazy. My husband laid his hand on my belly, leaned down and started talking to him as he often does.

And that's when the moment worth blogging about happened: I felt my first surge of love for this baby.

Not that I didn't love the baby before, or want him, or hope that he was healthy and well, because of course I did.

But you know that feeling you get when you love someone so much that suddenly your chest tightens and it's hard to breathe? (I certainly hope you have. It's one of those things life is all about.)

That's what I felt, watching and feeling this baby move around inside me, with his daddy looking on. And from what I hear, it only gets more intense, more full of joy and pain, as time goes on. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home