New Mama Musings

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

My husband departed for Toulouse, France on a business trip today. The poor guy left the house at 3pm, has two layovers and arrives in Toulouse at 3:30pm Sunday (their time). Then he has two long days of meetings with the people at Airbus before he turns around and heads back home Wednesday starting at 6:30am Toulouse time. He won't get home until almost 4pm on Wednesday.

The really sad part is that he turns forty on Tuesday and he won't be home for us to celebrate on his actual birthday.

I think this is the longest we've ever been apart. I don't know how other couples deal with long-term separations. I miss my husband already.

2 Comments:

  • Good luck! I kvetch a lot after having three of them but, hey, what else are we really here for if not to reproduce? I highly recommend "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" if you haven't already read it.

    By Blogger n/a, at 9:49 PM  

  • Aw. Big hug for you.

    I have the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy which I will happily chuck in with all the other baby junk that's awaiting you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home